Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Boris Karloff


I've been a fan of Boris Karloff for as long as I can remember. I'm sure my earliest encounter with Mr. Karloff was watching his portrayal of Frankenstein's monster, probably on Scream-In, a late night horror show hosted by Cincinnati's Cool Ghoul. I've seen many of his films, and enjoy watching his television series Thriller. Boris was quite a voracious reader, and I have a couple anthologies with stories he hand picked. I've painted him several times in character, but believe this is the first time sans make up.

This portrait was purchased by a friend of mine, who enabled Sara Karloff, Boris' daughter to see it. She christened it as "divine" which really made my day!! So here's Boris, an underrated actor, but then don't many of the absolute best get ignored?

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new blog, Mike!! I'm looking forward to checking it often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere, Mike! Love your portrait of "The King"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Frank and Mike. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salut, Friend Mike!
    (Talented Artist)

    Best,
    -Craig W.
    (Another Underrated Actor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Craig, well put! (The part about you, not me!)

    ReplyDelete