Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Andy and Barney



I guess growing up in the 60's I watched as much of "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Mayberry RFD" as the next guy. Yes, there's a bit of corn in both shows, but there's also a lot of happiness, respect for authority, and just good neighbor-ness in both. Like a Norman Rockwell painting, these shows depicted a different time in America. Some, like me, would say a better time. These shows are bittersweet now. Those days are long behind us, and will most likely never come again, at least not in this world environment.

They stand frozen in time. A video snapshot of a slower paced America, one filled with hope and decency. Sometimes the world today can be a terrible place. Thank God there is a Mayberry where we can return to, if for just a little while to remember how it used to be, and should be.

1 comment:

  1. Mike, those are just wonderful!

    May I print them out for my sister, who's even a bigger fan than I?

    -Craig

    ReplyDelete