Friday, December 3, 2010

The Bride


Usually Hollywood sequels to successful films are awful. Not so in the case of the film Bride of Frankenstein, 1935. Very atmospheric, and visually stunning, in this film we get to hear the monster speak, find his first true friend, lose his first true friend, and finally get a bride. For a few moments at least.

Jack Pierce, the make up wizard worked his magic once more for this film. Elsa Lanchester looked stunning as the brief bride. I have painted her a few times, and am very proud of the way this one turned out. In the past, when I've painted her with copper colored hair I got some favorable responses, telling me that this is the color she was supposed to have. How they know this from a black and white film is beyond me, but I'll take it.

1 comment:

  1. Still one of the big loves of my life, the Bride. Wonderful work, as ever.

    ReplyDelete