Sunday, February 19, 2012

Gentle Giant


Gentle Giant is a band that was active in the 70's. I was introduced to their music by some friends in college. Gentle Giant music is an interesting mix of rock/jazz/Celtic/classical music. They played instruments not typically associated with a rock band: cello, violin, recorder, xylophone, etc. The interesting thing was each member would play several different instruments during each set!

They have one song which really spoke to me, and in fact was the inspiration for the title of this blog. "Peel the Paint" spoke of not accepting things at face value, but digging deeper to see what you find. I've adopted this attitude in life. I try not to accept things on the surface, but look for different meanings.

I painted this tribute to the band in 1983. Perhaps it was a bit ambitious for my skill level at that time. Nonetheless, I am still proud of the piece, and am happy that it now resides on the band's official web site. It was painted in oils on masonite.

4 comments:

  1. Great appurtenances from you, blogger. I accept apprehend your added online autograph afore this and you are just acutely excellent.
    kizlik zari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. I have already bookmarked you estetigi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost every month Google releases some updates or data refresh so that websites, that uses black hat or spamming, should be removed and users will get quality website that will help them a lot estetik

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate this post. I’ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness
    I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thank you again!
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete