Tuesday, June 5, 2012



The Cool Ghoul, second version. This was painted from my favorite photograph of Dick Von Hoene, aka Cincinnati's Cool Ghoul. The first time I painted this I was going by thirty year old memories, including watching his show Scream-In in black and white. Needless to say I got a few of the colors wrong. His hat had more red and white than green, and his eyes were hazel.

Usually when I do a second version of a painting it never quite looks as good as the first attempt. I think this one is an exception, but I'll leave that up to the viewer. I think I captured his "impishness" better and I'm glad I got the colors "right" this time.

This is 16"x20", oils on canvas board.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing post which provide really knowledge and many important terms which are very useful to get traffic………Nice article, Lee, thanks! I'm new to Adsense and just started putting ads
    on my site.

    ReplyDelete